UltraViolet on Trump’s Support for Bill O’Reilly: “Not Surprising, Both Men Are Serial Sexual Predators”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
UltraViolet on Donald Trump’s Support for Bill O’Reilly: Both Men Are Serial Sexual Predators
Statement from Karin Roland, chief campaigns officer for UltraViolet, a leading women’s advocacy group, on Donald Trump’s support for Bill O’Reilly, after the New York Times revealed that Fox News has spent more than $13 million dollars defending host Bill O’Reilly from allegations of sexual harassment and other inappropriate behavior:
“Just days after declaring April ‘sexual assault awareness and prevention month,’ Trump has rushed to defend Bill O’Reilly. And that’s not surprising – both men are serial sexual predators, and both men have dodged accountability for their crimes for years. America deserves better.”
Since August 2016, UltraViolet has called for Fox News to fire Bill O’Reilly and launch a full investigation into sexual harassment and abuse at the network.
- In August 2016, following claims that Andrea Tantaros was sexually harassed by Bill O’Reilly, UltraViolet called for the O’Reilly Factor host to be immediately suspended, and a full investigation launched into sexual harassment and abuse at the news network.
- In January 2017, after the New York Times reported that Roger Ailes secretly settled sexual harassment claims against O’Reilly, UltraViolet demanded the network fire O’Reilly.
- UltraViolet launched and maintains an online ad campaign targeting Fox News employees with an ad reading: “Have You Been Harassed by Bill?”
- More than 50,000 UltraViolet members have signed onto a petition calling on 21st Century Fox to fire Fox News CEO Bill Shine and Fox News host Bill O’Reilly over their role in taking part in and covering up abuse at Fox News.
- More than 55,000 UltraViolet members have signed onto a petition calling on advertisers to the O’Reilly Factor and Fox News to cut ties with the network over the lack of accountability for sex crimes.
# # # # #