Women’s Group Targets 21st Century Fox Board Members With Online Ad Documenting Stories of Women Harassed by Bill O’Reilly
With 21st Century Fox Board Meeting Thursday To Decide O’Reilly’s Future, Women’s Group Targets The Board With New Online Ad Campaign
New Ad is a Chilling Video that Documents Stories of Women Sexually Harassed by Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly
UltraViolet, a leading women’s advocacy group, has released a new online ad campaign today targeting members of the board of 21st Century Fox ahead of their board meeting Thursday to decide the fate of Bill O’Reilly.
The ad is a chilling video featuring stories of women sexually-harassed by Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly and pulls information from The New York Times’ investigation into allegations of sexual harassment against O’Reilly that revealed that Fox News has spent more than $13 million dollars defending O’Reilly from allegations of sexual harassment and other inappropriate behavior.
UltraViolet calls on Fox News to stop protecting sexual predators, and fire Bill O’Reilly.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE: https://www.facebook.
“Bill O’Reilly is a serial sexual predator, a bigot, and a misogynist. And while O’Reilly is just a symptom of Fox New’s culture that enables sexual harassment and abuse – it’s important that we don’t forget just how dangerous and disgusting O’Reilly’s behavior truly was.” said Shaunna Thomas, Co-founder of UltraViolet. “Fox News needs to prove to the public – and its advertisers – that the era of enabling and covering up sexual harassment and assault is over. That means firing Bill O’Reilly immediately and conducting a comprehensive and independent investigation into sexual abuse at the network and firing anyone involved in, or complicit in covering up, those crimes.”
Since August 2016, UltraViolet has called for Fox News to fire Bill O’Reilly and launch a full investigation into sexual harassment and abuse at the network.
- On Tuesday, April 18th, members of UltraViolet and survivors of sexual assault protested at Fox News’ HQ’s in New York Citydemanding the company fire Bill O’Reilly.
- In addition to the protest, UltraVIolet commissioned a plane to fly around Manhattan with a banner reading “FOX: #DROPOREILLY, THE SEXUAL PREDATOR.”
- Members of UltraViolet also placed posters around Fox New’s midtown HQ asking “Have you also been sexually harassed by Bill?” with the message to Fox News that it is time to #DropOReilly.
- Nearly 500 survivors of sexual assault signed onto an UltraViolet letter to 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch demanding accountability for sexual harassment and assault at Fox News urging Murdoch to fire Bill O’Reilly.
- In August 2016, following claims that Andrea Tantaros was sexually harassed by Bill O’Reilly, UltraViolet called for the O’Reilly Factor host to be immediately suspended, and a full investigation launched into sexual harassment and abuse at the news network.
- In January 2017, after the New York Times reported that Roger Ailes secretly settled sexual harassment claims against O’Reilly, UltraViolet demanded the network fire O’Reilly.
- UltraViolet launched and maintains an online ad campaign targeting Fox News employees with an ad reading: “Have You Been Harassed by Bill?”
- More than 79,000 UltraViolet members have signed onto a petition calling on 21st Century Fox to fire Fox News CEO Bill Shine and Fox News host Bill O’Reilly over their role in taking part in and covering up abuse at Fox News.
- More than 60,000 UltraViolet members have signed onto a petition calling on advertisers to the O’Reilly Factor and Fox News to cut ties with the network over the lack of accountability for sex crimes.
# # # # #
UltraViolet is an online community of over 1,000,000 women and men who take collective action to expose and fight sexism in the public sector, private sector and the media. Find out more at WeAreUltraViolet.org